If you are a compassionate leader ready to bring a small, grassroots non-profit to the next level, then join the team at Grace.
Grace Guest House supports patients and their families with a haven and place of respite when receiving care at regional healthcare facilities. Guests are provided with lodging, food, and transportation in a sanctuary-like environment with compassionate support from staff, volunteers, and other guests.
The work involves the development of Grace Guest House objective and organizational structure. The incumbent organizes, allocates and schedules work to be performed and recommends positions and staffing required, directs and supervises Grace Guest House staff through subordinate managers, including review/approval of recommended personnel actions, implements and maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards. The incumbent participates in professional activities and maintains professional affiliations to keep abreast of current trends, changes and legislation in the field. Work is performed under the general direction of Grace Guest House Board of Directors. Does related work as required.
The incumbent will be expected to successfully cultivate and manage relationships with major donors with the goal of creating a sustainable organization. The incumbent should embody and value a high level of professionalism and integrity while providing an example for staff and volunteers of character and demeanor that fosters a compassionate, calming, and supportive healing environment.
Typical Work Activities
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers;
- Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses policies for direct subordinates;
- Assists in the preparation of Grace Guest House budgets and allocation of funds based upon reviews of estimates/recommendations proposed by the Associate Director and Fund Development Committee;
- Directs Grace Guest House operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria and to preserve the funds invested in the organization;
- Directs and participates in acquisition and growth activities, including investigations, evaluations and negotiations in accordance with overall objectives and plans;
- Works independently and with the Board of Directors to increase community awareness and develop new outreach opportunities;
- Works directly with the Board of Directors on the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon broad organizational goals and growth objectives;
- Participates personally in community outreach events such as media interviews and speaking engagements;
- Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and periodically reports these results to the Board of Directors;
- Participates in community initiatives relevant to the Grace Guest House;
- Maintains compliance with regulations and the rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required;
- Collaborates with staff and Board committees to support current and develop new fundraising initiatives/events;
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise;
- Represents the organization at social and organization events in ways that strengthen the brand and communicate the organization’s message;
- Participates in Grace Guest House committee meetings;
- Serve as central spokesperson and advocate among external partners including but not limited to hospitals, medical facilities, support groups and affiliated local and national organizations.
Full Performance Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
Demonstrated leadership skills including problem solving, decision making, negotiation and delegation; familiarity with governance principles and best practices of managing nonprofit organizations; familiarity with standard accounting and financial principles; demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate in a fast-paced environment; high level of creativity, initiative and self-motivation; excellent written and verbal communication skills; fiercely kind, compassionate, empathetic, and eager to learn; welcomes and embraces people from whom they are different.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Management or closely related field and three (3) years of management experience;
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Management or closely related field and five (5) years of management experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience as set by the limits of (1) and (2).
For more information, please contact Donna Brown at 716-393-1322 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Grace: Grace Guest House supports patients and their families with a haven and place of respite when receiving care at regional healthcare facilities. Guests are provided with lodging, food, and transportation in a sanctuary-like environment with compassionate support from staff, volunteers and other guests. Stays are donation-based, with some guests able to donate only their profound gratitude. The generosity of our community, whether individuals, organizations or foundations, is what sustains Grace.
Grace Guest House, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.